Well, woke up earlier than the anticipated time on my alarm clock again.Well, I always do that unless I had this serious hangover the night before (a once in a year thing). Confused as I was, it was 5am and I had just come out of a conflicting dream; My Best Old Friend Douglas.

I was a little angry, angry at him for taking my Laptop and Duvet without asking and cold as it was (in the dream). Funny it was cold in the dream considering these warm Kampala nights. I could't have the courage to snatch them back. So I sat on his bed and started scheming, I believe loyalty took the better of me and 1 hour later there I was still idly counting the number of holes in his Mosquito net. Just as I was about to launch my attack, only God knows where Stella appeared from. There she was on his bed, making it harder for me  to push through with my bootless plans. Funny thing is Stella and Douglas are from  different worlds. Stella is this cute little girl I have this serious crush on ( yes we've been on a date twice). I see her and my get tingles in all places. Douglas is my long time friend I haven't seen in weeks and the two have never met,  maybe without counting last night.
Seeing Stella with Douglas offset the human nature and that little green-eyed-monster set in. From the Envy, call it disappointment of seeing the two together to  not being able to take back what's mine, made me do the unimaginable. I unplugged my laptop and moved away shamelessly self consciousness set in and three steps away I turned back and gave him back the laptop.
If that's not defeat, I don't know what is. The  things we do for the people we love.

Confused, angry, disappointed I woke up hit the shower and off to the Kampala Traffic Jam I went.

Comments